Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Started treatment today!

First, on the home front:

I guess what we had been talking about - and talking about - and talking about.... hadn't quite registered with my boys as well as we thought. Little Jonah asked last night, "Where's Mom?". Without missing a beat, Ben nonchalantly said, "She's dead." .


It took a lot of comforting and calls as well as a "daddy talk" to get THAT one straightened out...*sigh*

Today officially marks the first day of me getting better! I started Chemo pills first ~ and made sure I took my anti nausea meds BEFORE I took the chemo~ then was zapped with radiation, then more chemo pills.

The radiation was an interesting experience let me tell you... After I checked in, I went into this little changing room and stripped  from the waist up.
( duh duh daaa dum...  ) 

I can honestly say though, it WAS NOT sexy in the least. They had hospital gowns waiting, and not the ones that show your butt either! These actually opened on the side and had lots of overlap.  Very nice for shy little violets such as myself....ah hem... (DANG IT!!!!! no flashing!!!!!)

One inside the treatment room, I was ready for anything, but nothing hurt, in fact, I couldn't feel a thing. I laid on a table with my arms over my head while a big ping pong paddle looking thing that just kept hovering around me. I felt like I was at Disneyland in one of those simulation rides, except the ride was moving, but I wasn't. The guys helping me were very nice, but man , it was a bit disconcerting when they all dove for cover and shut this HUGE foot thick door before the machine started up. I guess having future children must have been important to them...

So for now, I am done for the day. I have made all  my appointments,  finished all my phone calls, read my scriptures, made all my notes and I  am off to to take a nap. I am pooped.



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAY!!! One day closer to a perfectly healthy sister again! You are in our thoughts and prayers daily!

Love you lots!
Tom

homegirl said...

Oh how I love kids, they always make me smile! Glad to hear you finally started and I hope you are getting the well needed rest! Thinking of you!

Janet said...

Glad to hear you are on the road to recovery. You continue to be in my prayers!

Love those kids!

Anonymous said...

Have to say: Nice work on the not being dead part! Brightened my day a lot to see that - knowing, of course, that if you read it, it must be true. Whew!

Love you,
Cindi

Anonymous said...

I am going to try again. My first one didnt stick.
Sending lots of Love from afar( Not sue when you will glow) :) Love you

why I fight

why I fight
my family